Get Content Creator specific emails by adding your information to the form on this page: https://curatedquilts.com/pages/submission-guidelines
Articles: Submit a brief description of the article you are proposing, and where you feel it would fit within the issue. Please include ideas for the images you would take/source to support the article.
Patterns: Submit a sketch of the quilt pattern idea with block size, finished quilt size, and proposed color palette.
Article and pattern submissions do not need to be complete, a sketch or idea you would like to explore in an article is sufficient. Articles and patterns usually have 4-5 weeks to be completed and turned in, after being contracted for the issue. Compensation for articles and patterns is mutually agreed upon prior to finalizing a contract.
Gallery: Submit a high-resolution image of your gallery quilt submission, we are looking for a flat shot against a white or neutral background. Your quilt does not need to be a recent finish, and it’s okay if it’s been shared elsewhere publicly. All images should be 300dpi and at least 8” x 12”, in .tif .heic or .jpg formats.
**Submissions close midnight 12/22 - Mountain Time
We would love to see articles and pattern ideas that include red fabric.
- Working in a series using color as a pillar of design, and the benefits of such explorations
- Iconic designers use of red in their quilts
- QuiltCon Recap - do you plan to be at QuiltCon and want to share your perspective of the show?
- creative trends you have noticed lately
- a Creative Reset to maintain or restart your creativity, this article includes the option to showcase a small project.
And we are open to other ideas related to red, please submit your ideas!
Please use energize as inspiration for your red quilt design. There are so many creative ways to use energize, and we can't wait to see your interpretation.
The color palette we would like you to use is shades of red, in the image above. You are welcome to use all or a few of the colors in your mini quilt. Prints or solids from your stash are always welcome too. The Bella colors included in our starter bundle are Country Red, Scarlet, Persimmon, Flamingo, Tea Rose, and Bubble Gum.
Details we look for:
- Square quilts, 10" x 10" up to 16" x 16".
- Color palette, as close to inspiration as possible.
- Creativity within the theme/inspiration.
- Quilting should be tidy and support the piecing.
- Finished - bound and ready to ship for photos.
- Clear, well-lit photos help us see all your hard work clearly.
For the Gallery of our Red issue we are looking for quilts that feature red fabric in the quilt top. Quilts should be no less than 150" total around your quilt.